Thursday, July 17, 2008

Please use the vocoder with caution! Or not at all.

Something dawned on me today while I was sitting at work listening to music on myspace.
The use of the vocoder on vocals is entirely over used and shitty! You don't know what a vocoder is? Let me explain...Pop in any Daft Punk CD and you will here this vocal effect that makes the singers voice pitch up and down in wacky ways. Why is it that kids these days think they can become the "next big thing" by slapping this shit effect on their voice. A good example of this is a kid called "Nice guys finish first". Please go look him up and you can understand what I'm talking about. This trend needs to stop! It's getting out of control! Another thing is the music is shit too.
You can't sing, you can't hold pitch(that's why you use the vocoder to hide your shit voice) and you can't play piano. You and your musical ideas are shit. Please go back to being a kid and watching cartoons and playing in the sandbox and eating pizza. But I think better yet...STOP BUYING IN TO THIS SHITTY TREND. When we music lovers go and listen and buy or pay to see a show we support this cause of filth. So next time you run in to the "next big thing" please slap the shit out of him/her for me. Thank you.

1 comment:

Jumbo said...

Wow dude... I know that kid sucks a fat pair of smelly workout balls, but go easy on him. He has big dreams. He wants to build roller coasters and amusement park rides. And he wants to do it all while using a vocoder and obsene amounts of auto-tune. I say good for you kid. If it weren't for bullshit trend-riders suchs as yourself true artists wouldn't have a hard time telling what to stay the fuck away from. So rock on Nice Guy. I applaud you. Oh, and just because you're nice doesn't mean you don't suck. Just like the fact that just because we're dicks doesn't mean we don't suck. We rule, actually. Maybe you should mix in some anger. I have a feeling this might help you get started.